Headquarters: New York
Software Engineer (Crawling/Reverse Engineering)
Remote - Europe/South America/SE Asia
$40k – $80k
Argyle is a fast-growing, remote-first Series B startup solving a systemic data problem.
Underneath the consumer finance industry’s decisions and processes is static, analog documentation—things like credit reports and paystubs—designed decades ago for a world that no longer exists. Meanwhile, credit bureaus buy, move, store, and sell consumers’ data without their knowledge or consent.
The result? A labyrinth of manual workflows and shortsighted underwriting models that obstruct financial access, compound operational costs, and impede innovation.
The solution is Argyle. We’re a real-time income data platform that lets our end-users instantly connect their employment records to apps and websites, so they can access and qualify for the financial resources they need to get ahead. Providers benefit from streamlined workflows and enhanced visibility that reduce costs and risk across the user journey.
Our mission is to give consumers the means to exercise ownership over their income, employment, and identity data in order to create a more equal, efficient, and effective financial system for everybody.
If you’re looking to join a fun and ambitious group of people working remotely across dozens of countries, apply today.
About the team
Our Scanner Engineering squads work on building and maintaining integrations to various systems. This means reverse engineering platforms and solving complex problems daily. A passion for this work brings our team from across the globe.
You will join a team of exceptionally talented engineers constantly looking for solutions to new problems and innovative ways to meet our business needs. Scrapers (we call them Scanners) are at the core of our business. This means you will join our pivotal engineering team and have a real impact on Argyle's success.
What will you do?
- You will create, own and maintain Scanners
- You will be contributing to general improvements such as shared libraries & frameworks
- You will be closely working and communicating across different teams
Python is our main language.
Python libraries we use: Celery, Pydantic, Playwright, BeautifulSoup, Asyncio, Httpx, Pydash, Mypy, Pytest, Poetry, Pyenv, Poppler, PdfMiner.
We run Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Github, ArgoCD.
If you are familiar with some of these - great! The rest you can learn after joining.
- Python coding experience
- Reverse Engineering of JS/WebApps
- Ideally, experience with building web scrapers - if not, curiosity to learn
- Ability to think fast and to manage rapid changes
- Ownership over your work
- Focusing on solutions, not pointing out problems
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with Android/iOS device verification frameworks (SafetyNet Attestation/DeviceCheck) and ways to bypass them
- Knowledge of Bot and Captcha bypass mitigation tactics
- Remote first company
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Options
- Flexible vacation leave
- $1000 after a month of employment to set up your home office.
- Annual Company Performance Bonus
Argyle embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/argyle-software-engineer-web-crawling-reverse-engineering