Headquarters: San Francisco
ABOUT THE JOB
We're looking for an experienced backend-end developer to join us, especially someone with several years of experience building and shipping complex applications.
Our development team is a small group of very capable engineers and we like to balance building thoughtfully with getting things shipped. The position offers the opportunity to deeply understand our problem space and channel compassion for the experiences of older adults and the challenges of caregiving into building a mission-driven, elegant, and intuitive product.
Technologies we use: Scala, Play Framework, Protobuf, Kubernetes, Postgres. You don’t need to have specific experience in all of these, but the ability & self-motivation to learn them is a must.
We offer market competitive compensation based on experience and ability, including significant equity option grants. Other benefits include excellent health, dental, vision coverage, 401K, One Medical, Talkspace, HealthAdvocate, Teladoc memberships, and flexible vacation days. The whole team works remotely.
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer familiar with shipping thoughtfully built APIs
- Experience working in engineering organizations and familiarity with software development cycles
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment that’s full of ambiguity - experience balancing tradeoffs to make complex decisions where there is no ‘right’ answer
- Good communication and personal skills; ability to interact and work well with the team
- Interest in development of company culture and its reflection in our engineering practices
- Ability & desire to mentor other engineers
E-mail email@example.com with the subject line "Backend engineer at August Health"
Please include a cover letter and your resume in PDF format.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our team has technical, healthcare and company-building backgrounds. We have prior experience at companies like Apple, Google, Landmark Health, and Adobe. Together, we’ve co-founded and exited multiple companies, managed large engineering and product teams, shipped features used by hundreds of millions of users, and led clinical teams supporting thousands of patients. We are funded by a group of top tier Silicon Valley investors and are working with some of the largest senior care organizations in California.
August Health is an early-stage company that builds technology to enhance quality of care for vulnerable older adults. Our product is guiding the transition from complex, paper-based practices in the long-term care industry to a digital platform solution that unlocks the power of personalized care, predictive analytics, and value-based contracting.
Our mission is to:
(1) promote compassionate personal care for frail elders,
(2) bridge healthcare access gaps, and
(3) strengthen overburdened caregivers.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/august-health-backend-engineer