Headquarters: Dircksenstraße 47, 10178 Berlin, Germany
How you will make an impact
As our DevOps Engineer, you will be focusing on securing and scaling our product, as well as building tooling to help other teams release, maintain, and monitor our different services. You will rely heavily on infrastructure as code to manage our distributed services fleet and tackle interesting challenges by learning and adopting new technologies to enable our Engineering department to move faster.
Some of your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Improve and maintain our production and testing environments
- Focus on automation and improvements to our infrastructure
- Benchmark, scale, and tune applications and databases
- Improve the observability of our services
- Suggest cost optimizations or reductions
- Collaborate with the Engineering team's on-call responsibilities in rotation
- Work with customers when required to troubleshoot and solve problems
You have gone through different onboarding sessions covering our product, current architecture, and relevant services we run on production, learned about the company's origin and current vision and met colleagues from different departments as part of onboarding as well as weekly virtual social events.
You'd have started to get to know your teammates, learned how we work daily, and contributed to our codebase.
You will be familiar with most concepts related to our product and worked alongside your teammates to improve our infrastructure and troubleshoot operational issues.
You've had a few 1:1s with your team lead to check in on how things are going and collaborated with fellow engineers to improve our monitoring and observability as well as our developer experience.
You will have made solid contributions to our product and stack, influenced our ways of working, shared knowledge and previous experiences, helping substantially with important decision-making.
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, Node.js, React, Golang, PSQL
- GraphQL, REST
- Pulumi, AWS, Vercel, Cloudflare, Fastly, New Relic, Github actions
Our expectations from you
- 3+ years of engineering experience with DevOps or SRE exposure
- Experience with one or more cloud computing environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience writing infrastructure as code (Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation, etc)
- Experience working with a distributed service architecture
- Knowledge of containerized applications (Docker)
- Mindful about performance and able to measure it meaningfully
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to take ownership, but also ask for help and advice when needed
- Openness to feedback and willingness to learn, reflect, and grow within the organization
- Experience with GraphQL, Golang, JS/TS
- Experience with database administration and optimization (PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Intro call with our People & Culture team.
- Interview with the Engineering team.
- Code-pairing if needed.
- Team Fit call.
- Reference Check and Offer.
The response time is usually within 2 weeks for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
At Hygraph we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms seamlessly. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 60 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
Working at Hygraph
- Our teams are passionate about our product.
- Self-motivation, trust, and collaboration is the driving factor for our success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with transparency, accountability, and ownership.
- We have a workstation budget to support the remote work on top of providing the latest company IT equipment (e.g. Macbook).
- We are curious, risk-takers, and we experiment with our ideas and make things happen.
- We work together to provide optimal solutions for our users and adapt to the people and market needs.
- Our flexible working model encourages us to work according to what works best for us and maintain an excellent work-life balance.
- We learn continuously through feedback and have a yearly learning budget to attend training and conferences.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 17 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
Hygraph is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique experiences, qualities, and different cultures enrich our workspace's productivity and promote innovation and creativity.