Hi, thanks for reading about our Software Engineer Lead - QA opportunity! We're glad you're here.
We're Knack, a no-code productivity platform that’s redefining how work gets done. Knack is used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest organizations — to run processes, departments, and even entire companies.
We need a capable Software Engineer Lead - QA to help us deliver an outstanding and reliable product.
We’re looking for someone who’s not just an expert at reading and executing on test cases, but someone who can assess and improve our test coverage.
And did I mention self-motivated and independent? This is a 100% remote role, with a flat culture that gives you the autonomy to define how you can do the best work of your career.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a QA team including automation engineers and manual qa engineers
- Write maintainable and reusable automated tests using automated testing frameworks (Playwright / Jest)
- Identify highest value opportunities to transition existing manual test plans to automated coverage
- Collaborate with infrastructure and engineering teams to create robust automated testing pipelines as part of CI/CD process
- Maintain internal documentation on QA best practices, notes, and SOPs, so others can assist with QA with minimal friction
- Create detailed test plans in collaboration with product, engineering, and success teams
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback on tests and test plans
- Review bug reports and identify opportunities to create automated tests to cover these newly discovered scenarios
- Develop/Enhance regression test suite, covering most critical areas of the application first
We're looking for someone who is:
- A logical and critical thinker. You can quickly get up to speed and understand complex domain knowledge.
- Experienced communicator who can work with cross-functional teams to create and execute plans.
- Passionate about process and structure. You can prioritize what is most important and create repeatable processes to improve common workflows.
- Focused on the problem. You can go heads down to understand the root cause of a bug.
- You embrace a dynamic and fast paced environment. You have experience balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- Engaging beyond tests. You understand that empathizing with our customers, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
- Data: Both SQL and NoSQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Solr, ElasticSearch
- DevOps & Deployment: All things AWS, Jenkins, Github
- Testing: Playwright, Mocha, Jest
- Front-end: Vue.js, Webpack, SCSSAbout Knack
✨ Benefits ✨
The biggest benefit of Knack is getting to work alongside our awesome team of Knackleheads. We're a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that, above all, enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.
These benefits aren't that bad either, though:
- 🕧 Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It's not about separation, it's about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
- 🌏 Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You'll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- 🛫 Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- 🚑 HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- 💵 401(k): we give you the option to automatically deduct funds from your pay to stash them away for your golden years (currently non-matching, but stay tuned!)
- ☮ Equal opportunity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company--we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority.
- 🧠 Learning Credits - An annual allowance is provided to stay on top of your game with classes, books, and conferences.
- 💓 Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- 💻 Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line MacBook.