Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland
DevOps Engineer - Remote - Americas
Grüezi, Howdy, and G’day! We’re amazee.io,
a ZeroOps application delivery hub for engineering teams to deploy applications more easily. Our developer-centric, open source platform makes developers’ lives and jobs easier, minimizing the stress of managing infrastructure or operations. amazee.io supports organizations across the globe to accelerate their cloud and container adoption, along with providing easily managed Kubernetes for developer teams. We run anywhere in the world, with 24/7/365 dedicated support.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our remote team. As a DevOps Engineer with amazee.io you’ll be supporting our mission by engineering, managing and maintaining our hosting platform and infrastructure, allowing secure, scalable, and innovative web solutions for our clients. You’ll also be central to the future development of our services, looking for continuous improvement to the platform and supporting the roll out of new features and releases to keep us at the cutting edge of what we do.
If you feel like this could be the role for you, then come and join a team of open source enthusiasts, committed to providing flexible hosting solutions in an open, transparent work environment, and having fun doing it.
This is a remote position. Although we require you to be located in an Americas time zone.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deep diving into engineering and architecture topics, supporting the improvement, growth, and continual development and engineering of our cloud products and services.
- Improving and enhancing the performance of Infrastructure. Ensuring we are always at the forefront of cloud offerings.
- Specifying, implementing, documenting, and rolling out of features/updates
- Ensuring the stability and optimal performance of our platform services
- Implementing, practicing and advocating DevOps practices and methods
- Being part of our On-Call-Rotation
- Communicating via gifs and emojis
The Tech you’ll be using on the daily:
- Infrastructure Providers: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Terraform, Syn
- Prometheus, Thanos, Alertmanager for Monitoring and Alerting
- PHP, MySQL, nodejs (mainly for debugging / tracing issues)
What you’ll bring:
- Production experience working with Kubernetes
- Comfort working within Cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Hands on experience designing and engineering microservices
- Experience system engineering in/with Linux, Nginx, Varnish, MariaDB/MySQL and PHP, Docker
- Comfort communicating and documenting in English
Don’t bring everything to the table that we list here? Don’t worry not one of our team knows everything. If you "tick a few of those boxes", then don’t hesitate and apply
amazee.io is dedicated to providing a work environment of trust, transparency, and inclusion for everyone. As a fully remote company we offer flexibility when it comes to working hours and location. Here’s some other things you can expect from us.
What we’ll bring:
- A fully distributed team of creative colleagues in a flat, open and transparent organization - Meet the team, or read our handbook
- Flexible working hours, and time off in lieu when you work more than you should
- Remote working
- 5 paid days off a year for conference attendance or education related commitments
- An annual education benefit of $1,500 or equivalent to dedicate to your professional development
- An annual wellbeing benefit of $500 or equivalent to dedicate to your physical or mental health
- A connectivity benefit of $100 or equivalent a month, to help with internet/data costs
- Your own tech budget with the freedom to choose your setup
- Sweet, sweet Swag - Hoodies and other goodies
amazee.io Quest! - After 3 years, you’ll get 3 weeks paid off work to undertake a profound personal goal, or undertake a bucket list type challenge
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV showcasing who you are, your technical skills, and anything else you think we should know!
The amazee.io Team.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/amazee-io-devops-engineer-americas